Interested in an apprenticeship? Or more?
Now taking applications for 2019 full season and Winter 2019-2020. PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE PAGE BEFORE APPLYING.
We offer a short-term winter apprenticeship:
Interview or personal reference from a mutual acquaintance is required, as well as a drivers license.
For a more intensive experience with cheesemaking and goat husbandry:
We offer an apprenticeship through the Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association. Our season runs from March or April through November, and we offer room and partial board and a small stipend. Only the very serious need apply — this is hard work. For 2018 season, we will be offering three full-time apprenticeships. Interview or personal reference from a mutual acquaintance is required, as well as a drivers license.
Finally, we are beginning the search for the ideal full-time, year-round farm manager, so we can begin our retirement plan. We are aging, and there are many farm tasks that are difficult for us, and the winter weather takes its toll. We would like to be checking things off our bucket list! Please email for more details and a job description.
Read about being an apprentice at Appleton Creamery
• Here’s what to do to apply:
1. Read our About Apprenticeship page for photos and descriptions of work to be done.
2. Read our full apprenticeship description on the MOFGA Apprentice webpage. We are Knox07.
3. Apply through MOFGA (Maine Organic Farmers & Gardeners Associatioin), using their application. There is no fee to apply.
4. Please contact us to arrange an interview. ** Interview or personal reference from a mutual acquaintance is required, as well as a drivers license. **
NOTE: Failure to follow these steps to apply will indicate that you cannot follow directions and will deduct from your application…
Read about a former apprentice’s experience.
Email: appletoncreamery – at – gmail dot com