Appleton Creamery offers workshops and one-on-one cheesemaking instruction. New in 2017, Day at the Dairy, a one-on-one experience, and Design Your Own Class.
• Click on any workshop listed above for details and online registration and snail mail options.
Please note: we only give classes during the winter months . Other advanced cheese making classes will be offered by the Maine Cheese Guild in the spring. www.mainecheeseguild.org. You may also check our Other Workshops page.
Dates not working for your schedule? Why not book a custom class for your group of 4 or more.
About Appleton Creamery Workshops
• All classes run from 9 to 3 or 4 depending on the cheese being made, unless otherwise stated. A light lunch is provided for all-day classes.
• All classes must have a minimum of 2 students to be held to cover costs, with a maximum of 6 (our dairy is very small!).
• A take-home cheesemaking kit is available for an additional charge of $25, consisting of a copy of Ricki Carroll’s Home Cheese Making, cheesecloth, cultures, and rennet.
• A slight discount is available for couples or family members, if they can share one set of handouts. If you can provide the milk for the class, a further discount is available.
• A $50 non-refundable deposit is required with registration, balance due at workshop. If a workshop is cancelled due to weather or other reasons beyond our control, workshop is refundable or rescheduled. Workshop fee can be offset if you can provide the milk for the class.
Please email appletoncreamery at gmail dot com for further details or to arrange a Day at the Dairy, or to Design Your Own Class. Due to our busy schedules on and off the farm, we are extremely hard to reach by phone, so email is our preferred method of communication.