We have started scheduling our 2017 season including our annual events.
We will be open both Saturday and Sunday for the 2017 season.
Our new stand opened in June of 2016 and was open every Saturday, 11am to 5pm from Fathers’ Day weekend to late fall. We extended our hours for Thanksgiving shopping.
When the stand is open you can hang out on the deck and view the goats, purchase Appleton Creamery cheese and assorted products, and if one of our cheese makers is available, we’ll be selling a “guided cheese plate”, an opportunity to taste and learn about our many cheese varieties.
Our Annual Events
• Kid Hugging Day — Sunday, April 23, 2017, 11 – 4 • Share and learn more about this Event on Facebook
• Maine Open Farm Day — Sunday, July 23, 2017
• Open Creamery Day Goatapalooza – Sunday, October 8, 2017. Always the Sunday of Columbus Day weekend, sponsored by the Maine Cheese Guild
• Christmas Tree Drop Off Day – recycle that tree, the goats love them. First Sunday in January 2018, with hot chocolate served and cheese for sale.
Other Events not at the Farm
• Maine Cheese Festival – Sunday October 15, 2017, 11am to 5pm, at Savage Oakes Vineyard and Winery in Union, Maine. Sponsored by the Maine Cheese Guild. See mainecheeseguild.org for details.
KID & CALF HUGGING DAY – Our past event
An annual event at Appleton Creamery, and ME Water Buffalo Co, where you can get some hands on time with the young ones. The farm stand will be open. Additional kid & calf hugging days will be added in May and June.
Here are some images from previous kid and calf hugging days.