THE FARM STAND IS CLOSED FOR THE WINTER
WE WILL BE REOPENING SUNDAY, APRIL 26th, for our annual Kid Hugging Day, 11 – 4.
We’ll have updates on special events through the winter.
Our farm stand will be open both Saturday and Sunday from 11 am to 5 pm for the 2020 season. We’re at 780 Gurneytown Road in Appleton. Credit/debit welcome.
When the stand is open you can hang out on the deck and view the goats, purchase Appleton Creamery cheese and assorted products, and if one of our cheese makers is available, we just might be selling a “guided cheese plate”, an opportunity to taste and learn about our many cheese varieties.
Our Annual Events
• Kid Hugging Day — Sunday, April 26 2020, 11 am – 4 pm. Visit the farm and meet the kids! Sample and buy some of the season’s first goat cheese. The food truck Yum Bus will be joining us, as well as Stone Fox Creamery ice cream!
• Celebrate June Dairy Month — Sunday, June TBA
• Maine Open Farm Day — Sunday, July TBA, 11 am – 4pm
• Open Creamery Day Goatapalooza – Sunday, October 11, 2020, 11 am to 4 pm . Always the Sunday of Columbus Day weekend, sponsored by the Maine Cheese Guild
• Christmas Tree Drop Off Day – recycle that tree, the goats love them. First Sunday in January, with hot chocolate served and cheese for sale.
Other Events NOT at the Farm
• Maine Cheese Festival – Sunday, September 13, Savage Oakes Winery, Union
KID HUGGING DAY – Our past event
An annual event at Appleton Creamery, and ME Water Buffalo Co, where you can get some hands on time with the young ones. The farm stand will be open. Additional kid & calf hugging days will be added in May and June.
Here are some images from previous kid and calf hugging days.