Fiddleheading is a rite of spring in Maine. These delectable greens are the curled tips of Matteuccia struthiopteris (common name ostrich fern).
2 cups fiddleheads, cleaned cooked and cooled
1/2 cup julienne Roma tomatoes
5 oz. fresh chevre
1/2 cup julienne red onion
1/4-1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
© Mo’s Passion Inc.
• 2 cups baby spinach leaves (2 oz.)
• 3 tbsp. raspberry vinaigrette
• 4 slices dark wheat or whole grain bread
• 2 drained roasted red peppers, cut into strips (2 oz.)
• 1 oz. goat cheese
• 2 tbsp. thinly sliced green onions
1. TOSS together spinach and vinaigrette. Arrange spinach mixture on 2 slices bread.
2. TOP with red peppers, cheese, green onions and remaining bread.